BASS meetings are the third Saturday of the month whenever possible. Occasionally we have to move a meeting due to sporting events on campus, which can make access difficult to impossible. The default location for BASS meetings is the Sommers-Bausch Observatory, however, we may occasionally move the meeting location.
If there is a topic you would like to present at a meeting or a topic you would like to see presented, please contact BASS.
All meetings are at the Sommers-Bausch Observatory at 7 PM unless described otherwise.
See the Events Calendar for upcoming meetings.
Directions to Sommers-Bausch Observatory:
From Broadway, enter the CU campus at Regent Drive and turn right onto Kittredge Loop Drive. Parking is free after 5PM in lot #418-419 off of Kittredge east of the observatory or lot #308 west of the Fiske Planetarium, see the map for more detail. Handicapped parking and a ramp are also available from lot #419.
Past Presenters at BASS Meetings
- Randy Cunningham of AstroSystems
- Dr. Nahum Arav, University of Colorado (now at Virginia Tech)
- Dr. Michael Shull, professor of astrophysics at the University of Colorado
- Dr. Dan Baker, Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
- Dr. Nick Schneider, Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
- Ashleigh Mcfadden, Inishowen Maritime Museum and Planetarium
- Dr. Bill Farrand, Space Science Institute
- Dr. Fran Bagenal, Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
- Dr. Bob Pappalardo, University of Colorado (Now at JPL)
- Dr. Erica Ellingson, University of Colorado
- Bryan White of nitescapes3d.com
- Dr. Dan Durda, Southwest Research Institute
- Keith Gleason, Observatory Manager at Sommers Bausch Observatory
- Dr. Suzanne Traub-Metlay, University of Colorado
- Don Hampton, Ball Aerospace